Author Topic: What does everyone want out of a TI book?  (Read 554 times)

Swordbreaker

• Become what you mussel.
    • View Profile
What does everyone want out of a TI book?
« on: January 29, 2021, 03:02:49 pm »
Question in the title. What new features from the supposed upcoming Twilight Imperium book do you want to see? I'm personally curious to see if they'll reintroduce vehicle attachments, and perhaps mass combat.
Laugh
Heart
ThumbsUp
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sturn

• View Profile
    • Elemental Steam
Re: What does everyone want out of a TI book?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 04:11:12 pm »
I'm hoping that they keep it generic enough that it can be mined for other scifi campaigns. We have Terrinoth, which is close enough to classical fantasy that it can be a sourcebook for a house fantasy campaign. Android is not a great source for generic scifi, for example. It's only a sourcebook for cyberpunk settings. TI I hope can be used for generic space age settings. I don't know enough about the setting, but I imagine it can be mined for something like a homebrew or Traveller setting using Genesys with little work?

As for specific content, I also hope they include vehicle attachments.
Laugh
Heart
ThumbsUp
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Swordbreaker

• Become what you mussel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 04:25:20 pm »
I'm hoping that they keep it generic enough that it can be mined for other scifi campaigns. We have Terrinoth, which is close enough to classical fantasy that it can be a sourcebook for a house fantasy campaign. Android is not a great source for generic scifi, for example. It's only a sourcebook for cyberpunk settings. TI I hope can be used for generic space age settings. I don't know enough about the setting, but I imagine it can be mined for something like a homebrew or Traveller setting using Genesys with little work?

As for specific content, I also hope they include vehicle attachments.

As far as I understand, Twilight Imperium borrows heavily from a lot of the big science fiction series, so it should be pretty flexible.
Laugh
Heart
ThumbsUp
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

filbot3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 05:12:20 pm »
I think something with intrigue and mass combat that isn't Star Wars would be cool.
Laugh
Heart
ThumbsUp
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

QorDaq

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 12:31:06 pm »
I too like to mine the source books for useful extras. I play (primarily), in a custom post-apocalyptic setting that has a lot of advanced Sci-Fi elements and have cribbed bits from Terrinoth and SotB. I was dubious about Key Forge until I got it and it also proved useful. Thus I am a little more optimistic (Than I would have been) about something like TI, again, primarily for adding new ideas.

So, while I doubt I'll be running a TI game, and I am admittedly fairly ignorant of it's setting, I can certainly imagine it'll be a good resource to add to the ever expanding pile. I just don't know enough about the theme to anticipate a wish list. More gear is always a plus!
Laugh
Heart
ThumbsUp
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions